Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Super Adventure Box!

Postby Kiawah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:14 am

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/ ... pril-2013/
http://www.gamespot.com/features/guild- ... x-6406252/

This is a pretty neat little update. It's basically a game within a game, with its own set of rules. But it's got that 8-bit 1980's video game vibe going on, with the soundtrack to boot.

The instance itself is mostly a jumping puzzle, with some very minor combat (that's more just an annoyance). You have hearts like from Zelda for health, with turtles and monkeys throwing things at you. You can do the instance with 5 people, but really you don't need 5 people... it can be easily solo'd.

Right now it just has the first 3 levels, but it's clear they intend to expand on it later. Right now the main reward is some nice looking weapon skins. Overall it's pretty nifty and worth checking out!

Sord
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: The Trev

Re: Super Adventure Box!

Postby Sord » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

I took my time on the first level and ended up losing all my lives (I'm so embarrassed to die from a thrown banana). It certainly is pretty damn neat.
Bye space sword!

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Re: Super Adventure Box!

Postby Kiawah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm

The trick is to mostly just avoid all of the monkeys and snakes, and only fight the ones you have to. Most of their attacks can be avoided. Then you just have to worry about failing on the jumping part (how I tend to lose most of my lives).

Deaths don't really matter in a party though as long as at least 1 person is alive. If you run out of lives in a party, you can reenter and make it back to the checkpoint. While you can solo it, teaming up with at least 1 other person can let you finish it even if you run out of lives without spending baubles on continue coins.

What I've started doing though is just repeating the first 2 levels solo on multiple characters just to get the bauble bauble's. That goes a bit quicker than waiting on a party. I haven't made it all the way through the 3rd level yet solo... it's got quite a few places where it's really easy to die. But I have finished it in a party.

Return to “Guild Wars 2”